Health professional and workplace facilitators
We have a team of facilitators delivering evidence-based mental health programs around Australia. Our health professional facilitators provide education and training to GPs, psychologists, social workers and mental health professionals. Our workplace facilitators deliver mental health and wellbeing programs that promote workplace wellbeing, build organisational and personal resilience, reduce stigma and promote help seeking.
About the Institute
Founded in 2002, The Black Dog Institute is a not-for-profit Medical Research Institute and a globalleader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community. Our areas of strength includesuicide prevention, e-mental health, workplace mental health, novel treatments and prevention in young people.
Our mission is to enable mentally healthier lives through innovations in science, medicine, education, public policy and knowledge translation.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced Clinical Psychologists to join our Education Team on an independent contractor basis. Depending on your area of expertise, Facilitators can be engaged to deliver the Black Dog Institute's suite of workplace mental health and wellbeing programs to corporate clients or professional development workshops to psychologists, youth professionals and counsellors. Where relevant, there is also the possibility of delivering both workplace and health professional programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the Workplace and Psychology Facilitator are:
- Thorough preparation for delivery of workshops.
- Professional facilitation of workplace education content in accordance with the Institute's program specifications.
- Administration of pre and post program evaluations.
- Feedback to the Institute's education team to facilitate continuous improvement. This may include contribution to content development by agreement.
- Adherence to Black Dog Institute policies and procedures as they relate to the role.
To be successful in this role you should have:
Facilitators are selected as highly regarded and accomplished professionals within their field. To be eligible for this role, you must possess:
- Endorsement by the Psychology Board of Australia to practice as a clinical Psychologist.
- Experience in treating clients with mental illness.
- Demonstrated experience in high quality delivery of adult education and training programs to a diverse cross-section of corporate clients and/or health professionals.
- Exceptional facilitation skills, including competence with AV/computers.
- High level of communication, interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Willingness to travel regionally, rurally and interstate.
- Knowledge of EEO principles and OH&S responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant OH&S training.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter addressing the Essential Criteria and an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 23 May 2018
Download the position description.
Any current health professional and workplace facilitator vacancies will be advertised here.
Marian Spencer Head of Operations People and Culture
"As part of the passionate and collegial team at Black Dog you will be contributing to the translation of innovative research into services and programs that are creating mentally healthier lives for all."
If you would like to enquire about working at Black Dog, please contact our Operations Team via email