Our volunteers are an essential part of the work we do in making a mentally healthier world. Learn about upcoming volunteering opportunities.
Our volunteers are a vital part of the Black Dog family and we are incredibly grateful to volunteers, past, present and future, for all the work they do.
Our volunteer presenters share their amazing and powerful personal stories with schools and community groups to provide insight into mental health issues and reduce the stigma around mental health.
Our event and office support volunteers generously provide their time, skills and energy to help us make the world a mentally healthier place.
For more information about the different types of volunteer roles go to our volunteer with us page.
Upcoming volunteer positions
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Volunteer!
We are looking for a Communications Volunteer to assist with ad-hoc administration duties to help build the profile of Black Dog Institute’s leading mental health research, for 1-2 days per week over the summer period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating a Black Dog Institute media kit, highlighting researcher bios and profiles of their areas of expertise to support media commentary
- Scanning for YouTube or other videos to include with researcher bios
- Reviewing which Black Dog Institute researchers are currently on Twitter and capturing existing profile details in researcher bios
- Publishing archival news stories to the Black Dog Institute website using Sitefinity CMS
- Updating media contact details on older news stories
- Other ad-hoc communications duties as required by the Marketing team
- Sound administration and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work both proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with desktop publishing and content management systems (CMS)
- Currently completing a degree in Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- Previous internship experience in a communications/journalism role
- Experience in a health, government, medical research environment and/or the not-for-profit sector
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Black Dog Institute. We are thrilled to have volunteers assist the Institute to achieve our vision of a Mentally Healthier World.
Applications close: 7 January 2018
Marian Spencer Head of Operations People and Culture
"As part of the passionate and collegial team at Black Dog you will be contributing to the translation of innovative research into services and programs that are creating mentally healthier lives for all."
If you would like to enquire about working at Black Dog, please contact our Operations Team via email