An app to help people with suicidal thoughts
We are looking for individuals to participate in a trial of a new tablet-based app designed to improve mental health and reduce suicidal thoughts.
Chief Investigator: Professor Helen Christensen
We are currently recruiting individuals who live in any of the following regions:
- the Kimberley (WA)
- Darling Downs (QLD)
- Darwin and surrounding areas (NT)
- Hunter New England (NSW)
We need people who are:
- 16-35 years old
- Indigenous Australians
- able to understand English
- currently experiencing some suicidal thoughts
- willing to answer some questionnaires
- willing to work through a self-help intervention
- available for a period of 6 weeks to work through the intervention
- willing to make contact with Suicide Call Back Service who will provide emergency help if needed.
Participation will involve:
- completing several questionnaires (online, over the phone, or face-to-face) at different time points
- completing questionnaires and activities within the app over a six week period
- providing us with feedback at the end of the trial.
Please note: You do not need to own a tablet to participate in this research. If you would like to participate in this research or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked a few questions over the phone to confirm whether the program is suitable for you.