Concerned that you or someone else is in immediate danger? Black Dog does not offer crisis support. If you or someone close to you is experiencing distress or is in immediate danger dial 000.
Some people may have suicidal thoughts when things are too hard and painful. If you feel like life is no longer worth living, it's really important to seek immediate help. With help, you can overcome these thoughts and stay safe.
Help is available
If your life is in danger call emergency services:
- Emergency Australia – 000
- Emergency New Zealand – 111
You are not alone. There is always someone to hear your pain and problems, and to help you keep safe.
If you need support call one of the following numbers
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Lifeline New Zealand – 0800 543 354
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800
- MensLine Australia – 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
- Open Arms - Veterans & Families Counselling – 1800 011 046
You can also:
- talk to someone you trust
- contact your GP, a counsellor, psychologist or psychiatrist
- visit a hospital emergency department.
Counselling for eating disorders (8am - midnight AEST)
If you need support for an eating disorder, or as a carer of someone with an eating disorder, please call the below number
- The Butterfly Foundation – 1800 33 4673