An interactive mobile app designed to help young people improve their sleep that is currently being tested.
Many teenagers experience difficulties falling or staying asleep. Most get less than the recommended 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
We are currently trialing the Sleep Ninja app developed by the Black Dog Institute to find out if a mobile phone app can help improve sleep in young people.
The trial is being led by Chief Investigator, Dr Aliza Werner-Seidler.
Please note, due to high interest in trial participation, we have temporarily halted recruitment for Project Z. If you would like to stay in the loop about future trials, please register your interest on the form below.
What it involves
- Completing online surveys before and after using the app (each takes about 15 minutes)
- Keeping a 1-week sleep diary before and after using the app
- Downloading and using the app – Sleep Ninja, for up to 6 weeks
- Telling us what you thought of the app in a face-to-face or phone interview (optional)
You are eligible for the trial if you:
- Live in Australia
- Are 12-16 years old
- Own a smartphone
- Have internet access and a valid email address
- Currently experience any of the following
- difficulty falling asleep
- difficulty staying asleep
- problems waking up too early
Future opportunity to participate
We are planning a large trial for 2018, which will involve a number of schools in NSW to test the Sleep Ninja app.
If you are a parent, student or school staff member and are interested in your school participating, please register your interest on the form below.
Register your interest
Fields designated with a * are required
Success! Thanks for filling out our form!