Ketamine for adult depression study
Chief Investigator: Professor Colleen Loo
Over the last decade, researchers around the world, including our team in Australia led by Professor Colleen Loo, have been studying ketamine's antidepressant effects.
Our research group has found that a single treatment of low dose ketamine can reduce depressive symptoms rapidly and effectively, even in those who have not improved with other treatments.
Ketamine may be an effective treatment for some people with depression, but its use in treating depression is still being investigated. In particular, this study will examine the effects of a 4-week course of ketamine treatments.
- Be aged 18 years or above
- Have been experiencing feelings of depression for at least 4 weeks
- Be able to attend on an outpatient basis up to 20 visits over 8 weeks.
The study involves trialling a new product for depression, which some recent studies have found to have antidepressant effects.
Volunteers will attend on an outpatient basis at the Black Dog Institute or other trial site and involve up to 20 visits over 8 weeks.
*Other selection criteria apply, which will be advised upon contact.
For more information, or to be screened for our study at one of these locations, please email your name, phone number and address to your preferred trial site:
- Black Dog Institute/UNSW, Sydney (NSW): email@example.com [phone: (02) 9382 9509]
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital/USyd, Sydney (NSW): firstname.lastname@example.org [phone: (02) 9515 1439]
- Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide (SA): email@example.com [phone: (08) 8313 7676]
- Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre, Melbourne (VIC): firstname.lastname@example.org [phone: (03) 9076 6592]
- South Eastern Private Hospital, Noble Park (VIC): Ket.Study@healthecare.com.au
- Gold Coast University Hospital, Gold Coast, (QLD): KADSTrialGoldCoast@health.qld.gov.au
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth (WA): SCGH.MHUKADS@health.wa.gov.au
- Dunedin (NZ): Shona Neehoff - email@example.com
Please note, you will most likely receive a faster reply emailing rather than calling on the phone.